Our division client provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within our customer. The partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients within the Firm. Client’s goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division supports the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk. Real time Market Data QA team is a newly formed QA team assembled to provide Quality Assurance services for software developed for disseminating Market data inside of our Customer Electronic Trading, part of the global Institutional Securities Business.
The role is to join an existing QA team that is focused on Algorithmic Trading Services QA and help grow the coverage in Real time market data area. The testing team comprises of full-time employees, and contractor resources located globally.
The ideal candidate should have 4-7 year experience with technical experience in scripting languages such as python, perl etc.
The candidate will be expected to work closely with the development managers and key stakeholders in the technology organization to ensure the product deliverables meet business needs.
The candidate will be involved in defining and executing test strategies and plan for new feed handlers, vendor product releases and API changes.
- Strong general technical troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of C or C++ language concepts and debugging skills
- Good understanding of financial market fundamentals. Should know what bid, ask and book is.
- UNIX/Linux scripting: Candidates need to be proficient in navigating UNIX servers, have good knowledge of operational functions in UNIX and be able to read / write and maintain Unix shell scripts.
- Proficient in scripting language like PERL, Python etc.
- Networking (e.g. TCP/IP): understand the concepts of TCP/IP and distributed system
- Knowledge of change management system like perforce, git etc.
- Basic understanding of messaging systems like LBM
Problem solving skills:
- Must be able to tackle problems based on limited information, be able to seek out solutions and work around problems
- Inter-personal skills/communication:
- Good cross-region communication skills are essential as there is regular interaction with the European / NY and Asian based teams and regular interaction with support groups from other areas of IT.
- Knowledge of any market data supplier like Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters etc. is preferable.
- Operational background a plus